Brailsford & Dunlavey
Project Manager - Large Implementation
San Francisco, CA
Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic project manager to support our clients in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium's opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The project manager leads a project team that will perform implementation activities for large-scale K-14 programs. Deliverables for implementation assignments may include stakeholder engagements, construction monitoring, site visits, budget management, project documentation, public approvals and permitting, A&E solicitation management, schedule monitoring, account management, and quality control.
- Supports Senior Project Manager and/or Project Executive within a large-scale program with the management of a portfolio of assignments serving as Client's "trusted advisor" focused on achievement of project goals for schedule, budget and quality, and providing critical thinking and analyses to ensure quality client advice. Takes full-management responsibility for medium to large-scale assignments of over $25MM in total project cost.
- Directs or develops client deliverables including written reports, presentations, budgets, schedules, and program that are tailored to meet client's desired outcomes and scope requirements.
- Coordinates and directs the day-to-day activities of assigned project staff, both internal (B&D staff) and external (JV partners, sub contractors, architects, and builders) to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Participates in staff development, mentoring, and training of staff under project manager's direction; and provides input on annual performance reviews for those staff.
- Directs or develops monthly client billings and ensures timely collection of receivables (if applicable).
- Participates in business development (farming) activities; including:
a. Serving as the client's "trusted advisor" thus focused on additional services/repeat projects;
b. Participating in strategic planning for respective operating group, attending farming meetings, developing proposal materials, and attending interviews; and/or
c. Presenting to students, industry groups or conferences, and developing thought-leadership materials all with an eye towards being viewed as a "visible expert" in respective industry market.
- Under direction of sphere leadership, participates in advancement of quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) and training programs for the sphere, targeted at consistent review and improvement of industry-specific methodologies and practices.
- Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to B&D's continued growth.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture, contruction management, engineering, real estate management, or related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years managing projects related to B&D's markets, as well as multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
View Full Post and Apply Online
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status