|Butte-Glenn Community College District
Facilities Planning and Management - Maintenance Lead
The mission of the Construction and Building Maintenance Department is to maintain the District buildings to provide a safe, positive and appealing learning environment.
- The Maintenance Lead will support the Supervisor of Construction and Building Maintenance in overseeing the daily workflow to include the work order and project requests.
- The ideal candidate will possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills; strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines; the ability to apply knowledge of construction trades, building and infrastructure maintenance; and the ability to provide and coach others in providing, outstanding customer services.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Over the summer the schedule changes to Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Under the direction of an administrator, performs a variety of duties and responsibilities related to the oversight and lead direction of the departmental workflow which may include, but is not limited to; planning for and maintaining parts and supplies; working with outside contractors on maintenance projects and designs; scheduling associated projects; overseeing the maintenance work order system; providing lead direction on departmental projects and to departmental staff performing related duties and providing training, etc. High levels of independent judgment are required. Duties may involve performing the most technical and difficult tasks, requiring specialized or advanced skill in one or more areas of the work assigned. May work autonomously in remote locations. Performs moderate to complex inspections and diagnosis. Maintains and repairs a variety of facilities and equipment.
Associate's Degree or the equivalent*; AND
Graduation from high school, G.E.D. or equivalent**; AND
Four (4) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this class which includes one (1) year of experience performing duties in building or mechanical trades and three (3) years of experience preparing cost estimations.
* Associate's Degree education equivalency equals two (2) years of increasingly responsible work experience for each full year (24-30 units) of college.
** High School education equivalency equals an adult education diploma or four (4) years of full-time, paid work experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Hold and maintain a valid driver's license throughout duration of employment with the District.
- Possession of a valid Fork Lift Operators Certificate.
- Possession of a valid Aerial Lift Operators Certificate.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
View Full Post and Apply Online: Butte-Glenn CCD - Maintenance Lead